Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My presentation - reflection

I knew I started on the wrong note but I could not bring it back on track. I know that I could perform better, but I guess the nervousness overpowered everything else. I did not want to refer to my hand notes so much but could not help it when my mind went blank. I think the main reason for why it happened is due to lack of practice and quite a fair bit of expectations and pressure from myself.

I was not very satisfied with my performance for I think I could have done much better. I think it is a lesson to learn that one should never forgo about practicing to perfect. No matter how great the slides and content can be, delivery is important to complement with the resources we have. At least something to be thankful about, despite the bad start off, I did tried to bring it back on track by speaking clearly and confidently.

I think we (my group and I) were pretty efficient in doing our work, we almost had the draft ready by the lesson before our presentation, more editing of content/format/animations were done however, nearer to the presentation day. I guessed the whole process was fun and fulfilling, just that the schedule was a little too tight, and we were not left with much time to have proper rehearsal. The only time we were able to do so was 2hrs before our presentation. Nevertheless, its still great effort from everyone, I enjoyed myself!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Zi Qi,

    I felt your entire presentation ROCKED! I was just sitting there thinking how Yuvraj and I could improve our presentation based on your guys.

    I guess you were aiming for great instead of just good. I did not detect your nervousness but I guess you were aiming for the style of a consumnate performer like Steve Jobs?

    All in all, great work. VERY practical recommendations that were well-illustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Annie, ZiQi. I felt you three did a great job. Don't be so harsh on yourself.

    I'll give more comments to your mail address.

    ReplyDelete